As many of you know, the home-buying process can be fun, exciting and ultimately quite rewarding, but it can also be time-consuming, intense and stressful too, especially if you are under a deadline to purchase a home. During my years in the business, my buyer clients have shared their behaviors and experiences with the process, and from their feedback, I’ve come up with the top 5 tell tale signs that you are a true, bonafide home buyer who is 100% committed to purchasing your next home:
1. You find yourself spending hours upon hours and significantly more time on MLS, Realtor.com, Trulia and Zillow searching for information on properties for sale than on Google, CNN.com, Twitterand Facebook searching for information on breaking news, financial results, consumer trends and personal updates.
2. You schedule all of your free time to see houses. This means the hours before work, during lunch and after work, not to mention weekends when you now plan your Sundays around open house times instead of around the Patriots, Bruins, Celtics or Red Sox games.
3. You take calls from your Realtor before those from your significant other, boss, children or anyone else for that matter.
4. You spend double the money on gasoline given all of the drive-by viewings of the properties, neighborhoods, schools and more – at a variety of times during the day.
5. You wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat after a terrible nightmare in which a multiple offer situation went awry and you lost your dream home.
The good news about all of this is that the often stressful and intense home-buying process is usually short-term and the net gain is that you end up with a home that you love. In other words, a little pain for a lot of gain….
What are your thoughts on this subject, and can you relate? When you were a home buyer and trying to find the right home, did you experience some of these tell tale signs? And were there other, relevant tell tale signs that you experienced as a home buyer? I can’t wait to hear….
For more information on this or about the real estate market in Weston, Wellesley, Wayland and the surrounding towns or if you are considering selling your home, please contact me, Lisa Curlett (www.lisacurlett.com, 781-267-2844 or email@example.com), to answer any questions or for a complimentary home appraisal.